Wildlife Advice

Wildlife Advice

Common frog (Rana temporaria) by Guy Edwardes/2020VISION

Wildlife information and advice

Seeing wildlife can be incredible, but it can be hard to know what to do in certain situations. Maybe you have come across an injured or dead animal, or maybe you suspect that a crime has been committed.  We will do our best to point you in the right direction on who best to ask for help.

Who to report an incident to?

Here in Wales most incidents need to be reported to Natural Resources Wales.

Natural Resources Wales (NRW) is the largest Welsh Government Sponsored Body - employing 1,900 staff across Wales with a budget of £180 million. They formed in April 2013, largely taking over the functions of the Countryside Council for Wales (CCW), Forestry Commission Wales and the Environment Agency in Wales, as well as certain Welsh Government functions.

Sick or injured wildlife


Radnorshire Wildlife Trust do not have the resources, facilities or training to rescue wildlife in need. 

If you find a sick or injured animal which you think needs help, please contact the RSPCA or Cuan Wildlife Rescue

Read more about what to do if you find an injured bird

Other Useful Numbers


Bird Ringing - why it is done and how to report a found ring, visit BTO (British Trust for Ornithology)

Raptor Persecution - the Police have set up an Operation Owl initiative which explains the do's and don't on what to do and how to help. 

Bat Advice - the Bat Conservation Trust have a helpline and detailed advice on their webpages.

Make a donation

We are grateful for all donations, large or small. Thank you.