A Greener UK
We have a long history of campaigning for positive change for nature and wildlife by working with people and other organisations to achieve this.
Radnorshire Wildlife Trust is part of The Wildlife Trusts. Each part of the UK has a local wildlife trust that is working hard for nature's recovery both on land and at sea. To read more about how this all works please click here.
Gwent Wildlife Trust have been working hard to stop the new M4 scheme proposals plouging up the Gwent Levels, a landscape nationally important for both its biodiversity and history, and cost at least £1.4 billion to build.
Learn more about the damaging proposals and how to JOIN THE CAMPAIGN
The Public Inquiry for the scheme starts on 28th February where Gwent Wildlife Trust will be standing up for the wildlife and people of the precious Gwent Levels.
In response to the UK leaving the EU, thirteen environmental organisations with a combined membership of 7.9 million people, have come together to launch a Greener UK.
- Greener UK calls on the Prime Minister to restore and enhance the UK's environment and maintain its protections during Brexit negotiations.
- 145 MPs have signed the Greener UK Pledge for the Environment committing to make the UK a world leader on the environment.
In the Pledge
The MPs state their belief that the UK government, working with the governments in Belfast, Cardiff and Edinburgh, must build a healthy and prosperous future by
- matching or exceeding current environmental, wildlife and habitat protections;
- ensuring the UK leads on climate action and
- creating a countrysider richer in nature by supporting farmers and landowners to deliver environmental benefits alongside a thriving farming sector.
To find out more about the thirteen organisations who make up Greener UK and to read much more about what they want and how they intend achieving it, please click here.